Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Keep that receipt

Alright, I'll admit it, I'm cheap. i cut coupons. I shop at the dollar store. I like to stretch a buck. What better way to save money than not buying that incredibly expensive formula?

In the beginning, I bought a few cans here and there when I had a coupon so that I would have it when I decided that breastfeeding and pumping had become too much. But I've used two cans, maybe (I know we had to throw a can away when it got too old), and we have four cans up in our cupboard unopened.

But this is money I'll throw away--well, I won't throw it away, I'll donate it. But you know what I mean.

Kellymom.com, which is one of my favorite breastfeeding information websites, provides a handy-dandy little chart to show you how much you save by nursing.

It shows that you can save more than $700 nursing for a year. But it's not just a few. It shows how much you save with one day, one week and with each additional month.

Currently, I'm at 9 months. It says I have saved $567.42, which is a new washer or dryer or three-night Bahamas cruise. I don't know about all that, but I'm thinking it's worth something--hmmm, maybe I need to treat myself to a new little something.

And for a penny-pincher like myself, that's pretty motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment