Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dressed down

The one thing I hate about nursing? The clothes.

Every time I get dressed, I have to think about whether I can easily nurse or pump with what I'm wearing. Forget wearing dresses or lots of layers that are difficult to pull up or down.

It's summer, well practically (okay, maybe not but it's close), and the sun dresses in my closet are calling my name. I need to wear them! They are cute! But the thought of trying to wrangle down the straps to nurse my child make me feel a little....overexposed. I opt for camisoles under loser-fitting shirts.

I have these dreams that after I am done nursing I will wear dresses every day for a year. I have these dreams where I'll be able to wear any shirt I want without any regard for how well it can accommodate pump shields. Not to mention all the day dreams I have of life without the crunch of nursing pads tucked into everything I own.

The day is coming. Until then, I hope the sun dresses quiet down just a touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment