Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh the places I have pumped...

To round up my series on my travels, I decided to post some camera photo pictures of all the places I pumped in that one day on that one trip.

First, I pumped in my car. I don't have a picture of that.




I started in the bathroom at O'Hare Airport. Regular stall using a battery pack. Majorly cramped. I didn't know what to do. I had to stand the entire 15 minutes holding my bag. Not ideal.




Second place was the awesome Hotel Allegro in Chicago. After explaining my lack of enthusiasm for public-bathroom-pumping, they gave me a room upstairs. Not only could I sit and pump, but I was able to watch TV too. Awesome. If only I could have napped on the bed!



Back at the airport, I opted for a family bathroom. While the counter provided a spot for my pump bag, I was once again standing the entire time. However, the electrical outlet provided an opportunity for me to charge my dying phone. (What? That battery was being eaten by all the photos of pumping places!) The downside to this was also that there were only two family bathrooms in this area and people were trying to get in. I needed the room for 15 minutes. Then I probably looked like the jerk who left the family bathroom without a family. But, it was better than a single stall. I say do it if there is more than one.



After our flight was delayed, I had to pump again at O'Hare. I opted to use a closer bathroom so I wouldn't risk missing our flight. This time I took the handicapped stall. I had a hook to hang up my bag as well so I didn't have to juggle it and hold the pump shields to myself. This worked well. I leaned up against the wall. I realized later people were probably wonder what the heck I was doing. I don't care though.

I then pumped again in my car on the way home. This is nothing new for me though.

So there was a lot of pumping, but I made it. Like I said earlier, with three bathroom pumps, I was sort of glad to be dumping it, but all-in-all, it wasn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment