Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Really on the countdown

This coming Friday marks the end of pumping at work for me. I should newborn to make it quite awhile ob what I have frozen, plus my baby turns one in just under a month. So I am calling it quits. Really though, my baby has been weaning herself and my daily output hasn't been the same since I took a week off of work in March.

For me, the weaning process means cutting down pumps. So this week, I'm pumping once per day at work and not at all at home. It makes my work day feel incredibly long for some reason. Or maybe it's because it is Monday, who knows. I will say that the amount I'm getting doesn't really impress me and I can see why this is the last week.

I'm curious to know how my daughter will take to this when I start giving her a bottle and our nightly cuddle sessions might be replaced with a cuddle session with Daddy instead. I'm curious as to how I will respond to finally having my body to myself for the first time in almost TWO YEARS! Will I be happy at first and miss it later? Will I still have the same cuddle time with her? Will I miss the way she falls asleep and snores quietly while I read the news before bed on my iPod Touch? What about bedtime? How will that go?

So you see, I might be coming to the end of my journey, but there is still so much out there. So much I have to say. I know you have questions and I know I can come up with answers. I know there are things out there that new nursing moms want advice on. Like to drink Pepsi or no drink Pepsi--What was my experience? It's all out there. It's all coming. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment