Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teach the children

While I am married and work full-time, I am the mom. I am the one they look to for food, bedtime stories and clean diapers. My two-year-old does what mommy does. Mommy never gave her sister a bottle. Mommy always nursed. And sometimes, Mommy pumped. I'd hear from my daughter, "Mom, you pumpin'?" Yes, yes, I am.

So it would seem only natural that my daughter thinks all mommies nurse. Her mommy did. So I'm saddened that people would be so offended by another four-year-old nursing their baby as is written in Four-Year-Old Breastfeeds Her Doll in a Restaurant.

This is exactly what I would want my daughter to do. There is certainly no shame in it. It's her body. That's what it's for! I covered up myself and my baby for other people but I stopped caring. I was feeding my baby. It's natural. The way some people eat at restaurants is not.

Kudos to the moms out there who are examples to their kids in nursing!


No comments:

Post a Comment